The celery juice trend gained steam a few years ago and it is still at full speed. Many health and fitness enthusiasts have started drinking celery juice and recommend it because of its numerous benefits. In this article, we will explain why you should start juicing celery. Then, we will list our top 5 best juicer for celery. We will also explain what we like and do not like about the juicers on this list.
Even after we provide the list of our favorite celery juicers, you may still be confused about which juicer to purchase. For this reason, we will explain what things you should consider before purchasing a juicer. Lastly, we will tell you everything you should know about making celery juice.
Why are people drinking celery juice?
First of all, celery juice is rich in antioxidants. Health professionals recommend that we eat foods rich in antioxidants because of the benefits. Antioxidants can improve the health of your heart and reduce your risk of getting an infection.
The antioxidants also prevent premature aging and improve the health of the skin. Including some antioxidant rich foods in your diet can also alleviate inflammatory issues within the body. Furthermore, Celery juice contains flavonoids which are also known as anti-cancer agents. These are a few of the benefits that have promoted the celery juicing trend.
It is important to note that celery juice is not a cure for the above-stated issues. Rather, it contributes to good health and it is best combined with a good diet and medication provided by your physician.
There are 2 main ways to juice celery
1. Blending: This is when you blend the celery and strain the blended celery through a fine mesh cloth or sieve. This method works if you are in a bind, however, we do not recommend this. Juicing your celery using a blender is not advised because a blender heats up while working. The heat can cause immediate degradation of the vitamins and minerals in the celery juice.
The process of juicing with a blender involves using a blender, a sieve and other utensils. This is not very convenient.
2. Using a juicer: Unlike the method stated above, you can juice celery in one step when you use a juicer. Simply place the celery into the feeding tube and switch on the juicer. While the machine is running, the pulp will be ejected into one compartment and the juice collected into the jar or cup attached to the juicer.
Here are our top 5 Best Juicers for Making Celery Juice
Using a juicer is very easy but, there are a large number of juicers available. There are 3 main types of juicers: Centrifugal juicer, triturating Juicer, and a Masticating juicer. To get get the best juice with the nutrients still intact, we recommend masticating juicers.
We have examined dozens of juicers available and assessed how they handle juicing fruits and vegetables to bring you this list.
#1. Aicok Juicer
The Aicok Juicer is our top pick because of how affordable it is. It is a masticating juicer with cold press technology that ensures maximum juice extraction without any of the nutrients being destroyed by heat.
1. Strong motor: The Aicok Juicer has a 150 watt motor and the auger rotates at 80 revolutions per minute. The motor of this juicer is ideal for individuals who use their juicers often or juice strong vegetables.
2. This machine is dishwasher safe: One of the difficult parts of using a juicer is the cleanup. This juicer can be dismantled and put in the dishwasher. If you put parts of the juicer in the dishwasher immediately after using it, none of the pulp will get stuck to the juicer and it will be easier to clean.
3. Quiet motor: The motor of this juicer is quiet and is ideal if you would like to use it every morning or often. It is also a great juicer for individuals who live in apartment buildings because it will not disturb the neighbors.
4. Nutrient retention: The cold press technology of the Aicok Juicer ensures that most of the juice is extracted and because there is no heat from spinning blades, there is a reduced chance of the nutrients deteriorating.
5. Price: The Aicok Juicer is an affordable masticating juicer. While you may be able to find cheaper centrifugal juicers, those juicers may not be as good as the Aicok Juicer.
6. Less foaming: The slow juicer produces less foam than a high-speed juicer. This froth produced in centrifugal juicers has been aerated and will oxidize quickly.
7. It has a reverse function: The juicer has a reverse button that can change the direction of the auger. If something gets stuck in the juicer, you can use the reverse function to remove the blockage.
8. Availability of a warranty: The Aicok Juicer comes with a 3 years warranty. If your juicer gets damaged through no fault of yours, it will be replaced or repaired at no cost to you. Even after the 3-year warranty expires, you can still contact customer service if you have any questions or have a problem with your juicer.
1. Small feeding tube: Like many other masticating juicers, this juicer has a small feeding tube that you pour the fruits and vegetables into. To fit everything you want to juice into this feeding tube, you need to cut the fruits and vegetables into small-medium size cubes. This is time-consuming and not ideal for individuals who want to juice celery quickly.
2. Slow speed: This juicer works slowly and may require that you push the celery into the tube using a muddler. This process is time-consuming and can be exerting. If you want to juice a large amount of celery, this may not be the best machine for you.
3. Low quality: Users of this juicer have reported that it is not of the best quality and that it is poor value for money. If you want a workhorse that will last a few years, this is not the celery juicer for you.
4. Poor juice and pulp separation: Some individuals who purchased this juicer reported that the pulp was wet after extraction. To get out the juice, they had to squeeze the pulp some more using a fine mesh cloth. While they did not state what vegetables or fruit they used in this juicer, this issue may still occur when juicing celery.
This juicer is a top pick because it is an affordable masticating juicer, It preserves the enzymes, nutrients, and minerals in the celery. If you do not want to spend a lot of money and have time to cut your celery into small chunks, this is the celery juicer for you.
#2. Aobosi Masticating Juicer
This is second on our list because of its effectiveness in juicing fruits and vegetables, even leafy greens. If you would like to start juicing celery, you will find the machine quite satisfactory.
1. Efficient and silent Motor: The Aobosi Masticating Juicer has a 150 watt motor and spins at 80RPM. This motor is sufficient for juicing hard vegetables and greens. Also, the speed at which the juicer operates is enough to ensure that the juice is extracted without creating any heat that can degrade the nutritional value of the juice.
2. Better extraction: The makers of this juicer state that this appliance can extract 20% more juice than other juicers. Furthermore, the juice extract retains 30% more nutrients than the juice extracted using other juicers.
3. Great separation: A turn off when using a juicer is having to sieve the juice for pulp or squeeze the pulp to get out the extra juice. This is especially important when juicing things like celery and other greens. You will not have that problem when using this juicer.
4. Easy to use: This machine is ideal for individuals who do not want a juicer with extra bells and whistles. The juicer has an on/off and reverse function.
5. Reverse function: The reverse function controls the movement of the auger. The reverse function can be used to unclog an obstruction while juicing and this will ensure maximum juice extraction.
6. Sleek appearance: If you care about the look of your juicer, you should opt for this model. The Aobosi Masticating Juicer is sleek and small enough to sit on your counter without looking like an electronic monstrosity.
7. Easy to clean: Cleaning a juicer is probably the worst part of owning a juicer. This is not the case with this appliance. The pulp and juice containers are not attached to the juicer. You can easily empty these containers and wash them as if they are cups. The juicing mechanism and feeding tube can be easily separated, cleaned and reassembled in a few minutes.
8. A 2-year warranty: The Aobosi Masticating Juicer has a 2-year warranty. If it is damaged before the warranty expires, you can contact customer care for a repair or replacement. Even after the warranty expires, you still have customer care support.
1. Moves around while in use: Users of this machine have complained that it moves on the counter while juicing. We have been unable to confirm if this only happens when hard fruits or vegetables are being juiced. However, we believe that this may not occur when you are juicing celery.
2. It is Time-consuming: First of all, to use this juicer, you must cut your fruits and vegetables into small cubes or strips; this is because the feeding tube is small. Secondly, you will need to push the ingredients into the feeding tube using a muddler. Lastly, this a slow juicer and as such, juicing will take longer. It is not ideal if you are always in a hurry.
#3. Omega NC900HDC
The Omega NC900HDC is one of the best multi-functional juicers for juicing enthusiasts. This masticating juicer has a full nutrition system that can be used to process fruits, vegetables, and nuts. The nutrition center can also be used to grind coffee and extrude pasta.
1. Excellent motor: This juicer has a 2HP motor that you can use to juice hard vegetables. The nutrition center makes the high powered motor necessary. Even with the high powered motor, the juicer is still quiet.
2. Long-lasting juices: The juicer uses a double extraction process and runs at a speed of 80 revolutions per minute. For this reason, there is little to no heat involved in the extraction process and oxidation is minimal.
Hence, the cold-pressed juice can last for a while if stored appropriately. If you juice large amounts of celery for later consumption, this is an ideal juicer for you.
3. Presence of an automatic pulp ejection mechanism: Juicers separate the juice from the pulp while working. However, some juicers have the pulp bin connected to the juicer. If the bin gets full while juicing, you will have to switch off the juicer and empty the bin before proceeding with the juicing process.
The automatic pulp ejection mechanism pushes the pulp out of a spout on the juicer. The pulp bin is underneath the spout and when the bin is full, you can empty it without switching off the juicer.
4. Easy to clean: The Omega NC900HDC is easy to clean. If you intend juicing celery often you will be pleased with this machine. All you need to do is loosen the appropriate parts. The parts can be washed by hand. A few individuals have used a dishwasher to clean the loosened parts. We do not recommend this because there are plastic parts in this juicer.
5. Nutrition center: If you do not want to purchase several single-purpose food processors, this juicer will be a great choice for you. The strong motor and nutrition center makes this juicer good for processing coffee, nuts, and seeds. If you want to process grains, we recommend soaking the grains till they have softened before grinding them.
6. Attractive and sleek look: The juicer is expensive and it looks the part. It is is a shiny sliver juicer that is not too big to remain on your kitchen counter. It also has a handle that makes moving the Omega NC900HDC easier. The juicer is made of chrome-plated plastic and this reduces the weight of the juicer.
7. Reverse function: This juicer has a reverse function that allows you to unclog the machine and prevent blockages.
1. Price: The Omega NC900HDC is an expensive juicer. The multipurpose functions, motor, and quality of the juicer make it worth the price tag. However, if you just want to juice celery, you may be better off with a less expensive juicer. Furthermore, if you will be juicing a lot but will not take advantage of the nutrition center, this juicer may not be the best for your needs.
2. Weight: This is a great juicer to have if you wish to keep it in a permanent position on your kitchen counter. If you like to move your juicer before or after every use, you may find it inconvenient. The Omega NC900HDC weighs a little over 13 pounds.
If you want a durable juicer that can be used for multiple purposes, the Omega NC900HDC will be a good addition to your kitchen.
#4. SKG Q8 slow juicer
The SKG Q8 slow juicer is on this list because it is a sleek masticating juicer with a wide feeding tube that allows for less prep work and faster juicing.
1. Wide feeding tube: Unlike many masticating juicers, SKG Q8 slow juicer has 2 feeding chutes. The first is 3. 15’’ wide and the second chute is 1.75’’ wide. The smaller feeding chute resembles the feeding tubes that other juicers have. The smaller tube requires that you prepare the vegetables and fruits you want to use by cutting them into small sizes.
However, the wide chute allows you to place fruits and vegetables into the juicer with minimal prep work.
2. Minimal nutrient loss: The auger has a speed of 45 RPM. At this speed, the juicer can extract juice from fruit and vegetables without heating up. Therefore the extracted juice will retain more of its natural enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.
3. Great motor: This juicer has a 200W motor that can handle juicing fruits and vegetables regularly.
4. Easy to clean: The SKG Q8 can be cleaned easily; all you need to do is disassemble parts of the juicer. After this, you can wash the parts using a kitchen sponge and soap. Wipe the parts dry and assemble to use the juicer again.
5. 2-year warranty: The juicer has a 30 day return period and a 2-year warranty. That means that if in 30 days, you are not satisfied with the juicer, you will be able to return it. If you choose to keep the juicer but it has a problem before the warranty expires, contact customer care. If you did not damage the juicer, your juicer may be repaired or you may be given a new juicer.
6. Attractive design: This juicer will be a good addition to your kitchen if you like cute, modern appliances. The SKG Q8 slow juicer is available in a ‘fire-engine’ red and white color. The juicer also has a handle that you can use to pick it up. Unlike other juicers that tend to be wide, this one is sleek and tall.
7. Easy to use: The SKG Q8 has a single button for On, Off and Reverse. This set up will benefit people who do not want a juicer that is difficult to operate. The reverse function can be used to clear blockages while juicing and it can also be used to clean the juicer.
1. The juicer is tall: The height of this juicer can be inconvenient for individuals who do not have a lot of counter space. The juicer is 21.25’’ tall and when it is fully assembled, you may be unable to fit this in your cabinet or on your counter. To store this juicer, you will have to disassemble it or keep it on the counter as 2 separate pieces. Storing your juicer this way can be inconvenient if you do not have a large counter or extra storage space.
2. The weight: Users of the SKG Q8 slow juicer have complained that the juicer is heavier than advertised. Despite its sleek and streamlined appearance, the juicer weighs about 17 lbs. Due to the weight of the juicer, you have to find a permanent nook for it on your kitchen counter.
3. It is not dishwasher safe: The parts of this juicer are not dishwasher safe. Washing them in the dishwasher could damage them and compromise the quality of the juicer.
If you want a juicer that will cut down on your prep time, this is the juicer for you. Also, if storage space is not an issue, you will be able to enjoy the advantages of this juicer.
#5. KOIOS Slow Juicer
This slow juicer is affordable and is made with the latest juicing technology. It is efficient and provides a high yield when juicing fruits and vegetables.
1. Maximum juice extraction: The new juicing technology in this juicer ensures that the auger extracts 60%-80% more juice than other centrifugal juicers.
2. Strong and quiet motor: The KOIOS Slow Juicer has a 200-watt motor which is sufficient for juicing fruits and vegetables. However, this motor is quiet at 60db. You can use this juicer early in the morning or in an apartment without waking anyone.
3. Maximum nutrient retention: The auger of this juicer rotates at a speed of 60-80 RPM. This speed is the standard for slow juicers. It ensures that fruit and vegetables can be crushed and the juice is extracted without the auger or sieve heating up. The absence of heat during the juicing process will prevent nutrient degradation. Furthermore, there is less risk of oxidation.
When you use this juicer, you will be able to store the extracted juice for up to 72 hours. If you like to juice large amounts of fruits and vegetables for later consumption, this juicer is an ideal choice.
4. Easy assembly: This juicer has 2 parts, the chamber where the extraction process takes place and the second part is the chamber that houses the motor. You can easily assemble the items in the extraction chamber using instructions.
5. It has a reverse function: The reverse function is used to change the direction of the Auger. This function is useful if there is a blockage and you need to unclog the juicer.
6. Twin functions for maximum efficiency: This juicer has a hard and soft option. When you are juicing soft produce, you can use the soft option. However, when juicing hard produce and vegetables like celery, kale, or beet, the hard function should be used.
7. It has a warranty: The KOIOS Slow Juicer’s motor has a 2-year warranty. Every other part of this juicer is covered by a 1-year warranty. If your juicer gets damaged before the warranty expires, you can contact customer care for help. If you did not cause the damage, the damaged part may be replaced or the juicer will be replaced.
1. It is time-consuming to use: The KOIOS Juicer has a small feeding tube. Before using this juicer, you will need to chop up your fruits and vegetables. If you are always in a hurry, this is not the juicer for you.
2. Disassembly is hard: Individuals who purchased this juicer have said that it is hard to disassemble. They stated in their reviews that some of the parts get stuck together and this makes disassembly a stressful ordeal.
3. It is hand wash only: The parts of this juicer should only be washed by hand. This may be inconvenient to the people that prefer to use dishwashers.
If you want a juicer that will yield more juice while preserving the nutrients in the extracted juice, you should try the KOIOS Slow Juicer.
Things to consider before choosing a celery juicer
We recommend all the juicers on this list but you may still be wondering which of them you should purchase. Here are some of the things you should consider when deciding which juicer to purchase.
1. Price: When deciding which juicer to purchase, consider your budget. If you just need a juicer for a short while, you may not want to spend a lot. Hence, you should choose the most affordable juicer on this list.
2. Space: Decide if you have enough room for a juicer. Also, consider what size of juicer you can conveniently store on your counter or cabinet. Furthermore, when considering storage also think about the weight of the juicer. If you would like to move your juicer around, you should choose a small or lightweight juicer
3. Time: Before purchasing a celery juicer, you should consider how much time you have for juicing. If you do not have a lot of time for preparing the fruits and vegetables, you should choose a juicer that cuts down prep time. On our list, the juicer for this purpose is the SKG Q8 slow juicer. However, if time is not an issue, you can consider the other juicers on this list.
4. Warranty: It is important that you consider the ‘availability of a warranty’ before purchasing a celery juicer. Ensure that you read the fine print. When you choose a juicer with a warranty, you can receive a new juicer or free repair if the juicer develops a fault before the warranty period is over.
5. Use: Consider how much you want to use your juicer and what you want to use it for. If you want to juice celery for a short while, we recommend the affordable option. However, if you want a durable machine that you will use to juice fruits and vegetables, you should explore the other options on our list.
You should also decide if you will be satisfied with a single purpose juicer. That is, the machine juices fruits and vegetables only. But, if you want a juicer that can grind coffee beans or make nut butter as well, you should consider purchasing a multipurpose juicer like the Omega NC900HDC.
Everything you should know about juicing Celery
1. Celery has about 95% of water in it. Hence, it is great for juicing.
2. You can extract more juice from your celery by using a masticating juicer instead of a centrifugal juicer.
4. To get more juice out of the celery stalks, you should cut them into small pieces before juicing them. If you are busy, cut the celery the night before you go to bed. In the morning, you do not need to do any prep work.
5. Celery juice can be stored for 24-72 hours after juicing. To store celery juice in your fridge, pour the juice into a glass jar. Ensure that the juice fills the jar and that there is little to no space at the top of the jar. Keep this in the fridge and consume in 24- 72 hours.
Only freeze celery juice when it is necessary. When you want to freeze it, put the juice in a freezer-safe container and freeze the juice immediately after juicing the celery. You can consume this juice immediately the juice defrosts.
In conclusion, celery juicing has many health benefits and using the right juicer can make juicing an easy task. we hope that we have been able to advise you on what juicers are best for juicing celery.